The International Association of Black Actuaries (IABA) has scholarships available!
Details are as follows:
- Available to students of African descent originating from the United States, Canada, the Caribbean and African nations;
- Available to high school seniors all the way up to PHD students;
- IABA typically awards amounts ranging from $2,000 - $5,000/year towards educational expenses including tuition, books, housing, research, etc.
The benefits of becoming a scholarship recipient are not limited to educational expenses. In addition to the scholarship, award recipients also receive the following:
- Internship and entry-level opportunities;
- A paid trip to IABA’s Annual Meeting;
- A one-time stipend for passing actuarial exams during the scholarship period (depending on available funds and academic performance).
Application materials for this year are available online only at https://www.blackactuaries.org/en/scholarships/scholarship-bottom.html.
The deadline for submitting applications for the 2016-2017 academic year is May 1, 2016.
If you have any questions, please contact IABA’s Executive Director, Kate Weaver, at email@example.com.