How Do I Get Started?
Coming to this site is a great start.
And if you follow a few simple tips you'll soon have a head start.
- First, ask yourself: "Is this the right career for me?" As with any career goal, you're not just planning how you'll make a living—you're setting the stage for how you'll live your life. So you'll want to be sure you have the skills you'll need to be successful—as well as an interest in some high-level math to live happy.
- Second, find out what you can do right now. Once you're confident that a career as an actuary is something you can pretty much own, why wait? There are lots of things you could be doing while still in high school to develop your talents.
- Third, start making big plans. Plan your college education by picking the right school, charting the right course, and dominating the curriculum! And don't forget to explore the scholarships that are available to help you achieve your goals.
- And last, never stop challenging yourself. Keep your actuarial muscles in peak condition by taking some actuarial exams. We can help you train with sample problems.
- In order to work as an actuary, you must pass a series of actuarial exams. If you are able to pass the first exam, you'll know you have what it takes—and so will employers.